weathering with you
It was really cold today; according to a co-worker it was 9 degrees with the windchill. Today is also day 2 trying out what I will call my triggering exercise. It’s still pretty early on in the process, so I’ll save my thoughts on it for another time. Nonetheless, it’s quite nice to have a routine set up to clear my mind–regardless of how short lived the feeling might be. On another note, I spent the evening with my girlfriend watching a movie: Weathering With You. If you’re a fan of anime or good films in general, I recommend it. It’s from the same dude who directed Your Name (forgetting his name and for the sake of the exercise that this blog post is part of I won’t let myself get distracted too much). It was a visual treat and was amazing to experience in a theatre. Go see it while it’s still showing!
Some notes on the exercise:
- I can already see where I can short cut the process (which is part of the recommendation)
- The feeling of focus I get after doing the initial steps is quite amazing (so far)
- I’m about to finish the book and am also finding ways I can incorporate the other parts
- I’m starting to notice that distractions are less detrimental to my focus; I’m starting to embrace them
- I’m embracing how I like to do things regardless of how “out of the norm” they may be; it’s part of the process
- I might start the routine in the mornings some days, some days in the evening–like today
- It’s been 17 days since I’ve had caffeine
That’s it for now.